What Can I Recycle

Ephrata Township is required by a state law known as Act 101 to provide residents with a curbside recycling program. Residents are required by Township ordinance to participate in the program. It's that simple.

GLASS CONTAINERS should be rinsed and lids removed. You do not need to take off labels. Light bulbs, window and auto glass, drinking glasses and cookware are not recyclable.

ALUMINUM AND OTHER FOOD AND BEVERAGE CANS (which are made of steel, tin, or a combination of metals) also should be rinsed. You should not crush any cans. Other aluminum products, such as foil and pie plates, are not acceptable.

NEWSPAPERS should be tied in bundles or put in paper grocery bags and placed on top of or next to your recycling bin. Paper other than newspaper, such as magazines, is not acceptable.