09/14/2023 by Steve Sawyer
The Ephrata Township Board of Supervisors will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 7:00 AM at the Ephrata Township Municipal Building, 265 Akron Road, Ephrata, PA 17522. If you need special assistance to attend this meeting, please contact the Township Office at 717-733-1044 or email@example.com.
Ephrata Township Board of Supervisors
September 19, 2023 Agenda Click Here to Read the Full News Article
09/13/2023 by Steve Sawyer
EPHRATA BOROUGH PRESENTATION
NORTHERN LANCASTER COUNTY REGIONAL POLICE DEPARTMENT PRESENTATION
Ephrata Township - Police Meeting Notice
Ephrata Township’s current contract with the Ephrata Police Department will expire on December 31, 2024. Ephrata Township has requested a proposal for a new police contract from the Ephrata Police Department (EPD) and a proposal from the Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department (NLCRPD) for police services beginning in 2025. The NLCRPD currently provides police services to Warwick Township, Penn Township, Clay Township and East Petersburg Borough. Both police departments will be making presentations at the meeting.
Residents are encouraged to attend this meeting and will be given the opportunity to provide public comments to the Board. The EPD and NLCRPD proposals that have been presented to the Ephrata Township Board of Supervisors can be viewed by opening the links below.
NLCRPD Proposal and NLCRPD Presentation Click Here to Read the Full News Article
Ridge Avenue Road Closure
08/21/2023 by Steve Sawyer
*****UPDATE***** 8-28-2023 No work or road closure tonight, Monday, August 28, 2023, into Tuesday morning. The closure of Ridge Avenue is now scheduled for Tuesday August 29, 2023 beginning at 7 PM through Wednesday August 30, 2023 at 5:00 AM.
Notice - Ridge Avenue Road Closure
Ridge Avenue will be closed to thorugh traffic on Monday, August 28, 2023 at approximeately 7 PM through approximately 5:00 AM on Tuesday August 29, 2023. Access to all residential properties will be maintained thorughout the project but residents will only have access to their property from either East Main Street or East Mohler Church depending on their location. If you have any questions concerning the project, please contact the Township Office at 717-733-1044.
The Spotted Lanternfly, Lycorma delicatula (White), an invasive planthopper, has been discovered in Berks County, Pennsylvania. It is native to China, India, Vietnam, and introduced to Korea where it has become a major pest. This insect has the potential to greatly impact the grape, hops and logging industries. Early detection is vital for the protection of Pennsylvania businesses and agriculture.
Currently a quarantine is in place to stop the movement of this pest to new areas and to slow its spread within the quarantine. The quarantine affects a variety of plant, wood and stone products. Surveys are currently underway to determine the complete spread of this pest in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Efforts are also underway to ensure the Spotted Lanternfly is not present in other parts of the commonwealth.
The following counties are currently under quarantine for Spotted Lanternfly:
Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery
Northampton, Philadelphia, Schuylkill
The quarantine may be expanded to new areas as further detections of the Spotted Lanternfly are detected and confirmed. Intentional movement of the Spotted Lanternfly is expressly prohibited and is a serious offense. Violations could result in criminal or civil penalties and/or fines.
The quarantine restricts the movement of certain articles. If you are seeking to enter into a compliance agreement to be able to move these materials you can request a permit by contacting Dana Rhodes. Industries and regulated articles under the quarantine that are not to be removed/moved to a new area are:
- Any living stage of the Spotted Lanternfly, Lycorma delicatula. This includes egg masses, nymphs, and adults.
- Brush, debris, bark, or yard waste
- Landscaping, remodeling or construction waste
- Logs, stumps, or any tree parts
- Firewood of any species
- Grapevines for decorative purposes or as nursery stock
- Nursery stock
- Crated materials
- Outdoor household articles including recreational vehicles, lawn tractors and mowers, mower decks, grills, grill and furniture covers, tarps, mobile homes, tile, stone, deck boards, mobile fire pits, any associated equipment and trucks or vehicles not stored indoors.
WERT Rail Trail
Warwick to Ephrata Rail Trail
Click Here to Read the Full News Article
New Floodplain Maps
03/19/2014 by Admin
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recently released a Preliminary Flood Insurance Rate
Map (FIRM) for Ephrata Township. The FIRM illustrates the extent of flood hazards in Ephrata Township and is
used to determine who must buy flood insurance and the floodplain development regulations that apply in
the flood risk zones depicted.
Click Here to Read the Full News Article
CB BURKHOLDER – SEWER EXTENSION PROJECT
Fidelity contracting LLC will be completing a sewer extension project for CB Burkholder to extend public sewer from 11 West Mohler Church Road to their new contractor’s office and shop located at 880 North State Street, Ephrata PA. In order to complete the sewer extension, West Mohler Church Road and North State Street will be closed to through traffic. The project will be completed in three phases. Below is the anticipated road closure dates and times for the three phases as well as detour plans for each phase of the project. At all times, residents will be able to access their driveways and the roads will be open to all emergency vehicles and mail traffic.
Phase 1 – West Mohler Church Road Closure
- The contractor will begin work on West Mohler Church Road on Wednesday, July 5th. West Mohler Church and the West Mohler Church Road is expected to be closed for one week between the hours of 7 AM and 7PM – Monday through Friday. The road shall be temporarily restored with asphalt and reopened each day by 7 PM.
Phase 2 – West Mohler Church Road and North State Street Intersection
- When the contractor reaches the intersection of West Mohler Church Road and North State Street (approximate date of July 12th) the intersection will be closed to all traffic in all directions between the hours of 7 AM and 7PM – Monday through Thursday. The road shall be temporarily restored with asphalt and reopened each day by 7 PM.
Phase 3 – North State Street Road Closure
- After completion of the work in the West Mohler Church Road / North State Street Intersection, the intersection, North State Street will be closed south of the intersection for approximately two weeks between the hours of 7 AM and 7PM – Monday through Thursday. The road shall be temporarily restored with asphalt and reopened each day by 7 PM.
If you have any questions regarding the project or road closures, please contact the Township Office at 717-733-1044. Click Here to Read the Full News Article